Associate Professor Peter Dower
Peter Dower is an academic with the Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering at the University of Melbourne (Australia). Peter received a Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering (with Honours and University Medal) from the University of Newcastle (Australia), and a PhD in Engineering from the Australian National University (Canberra). He completed a post-doctoral research fellowship in the Department of Mathematics at the University of California at San Diego, and returned to Australia as a Lecturer at La Trobe University (located in Melbourne). Peter joined the University of Melbourne in 2003. His expertise is in the area of stability analysis and optimal control for nonlinear systems.
- McEneaney W, Dower P. Static duality and a stationary-action application. JOURNAL OF DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Academic Press. 2018, Vol. 264, Issue 2.
- Dower P, Zhang H. A max-plus primal space fundamental solution for a class of differential Riccati equations. 21st International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems (MTNS). Springer-Verlag UK. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 3.
- Tran DN, Kellett CM, Dower P. Qualitative equivalences of ISS and l(p)-gain stability properties for discrete-time nonlinear systems. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 77.
- Shi G, Li B, Miao Z, Dower P, James MR. Reaching Agreement in Quantum Hybrid Networks. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. Nature Publishing Group. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 1.
- Kellett CM, Dower P, Ito H. Relationships Between Subclasses of Integral Input-to-State Stability. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATIC CONTROL. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 62, Issue 5.
- Dower P, McEneaney WM. Representation of fundamental solution groups for wave equations via stationary action and optimal control. 2017 American Control Conference (ACC). American Automatic Control Council. 2017.
- Dower P, McEneaney WM. SOLVING TWO-POINT BOUNDARY VALUE PROBLEMS FOR A WAVE EQUATION VIA THE PRINCIPLE OF STATIONARY ACTION AND OPTIMAL CONTROL. SIAM JOURNAL ON CONTROL AND OPTIMIZATION. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. 2017, Vol. 55, Issue 4.
- McEneaney WM, Dower P. Staticization, its dynamic program and solution propagation. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 81.
- Dower P, McEneaney WM, Cantoni M. A dynamic game approximation for a linear regulator problem with a log-barrier state constraint. 22nd International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems (MTNS). University of Minnesota. 2016.
- Dower P, McEneaney WM, Cantoni M. A game representation for state constrained linear regulator problems. 2016 IEEE 55TH CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016.
- Maass Martinez A, Nesic D, Dower P. A hybrid model of networked control systems implemented on WirelessHART networks under source routing configuration. 2016 AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2016.
- Miao Z, Dower P. A reduced complexity min-plus method for synchronisation of qubits. 2016 AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2016.
- Shi G, Li B, Miao Z, Dower P, James MR. Agreeing over Quantum Hybrid Networks: Centralized and Distributed Solutions. 2016 AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2016.
- Dower P, Cantoni M. An approximating game for a continuous-time state-constrained linear regulator problem. 2016 AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2016.
- Tran DN, Kellett CM, Dower P. Analysis of Discrete-time Nonlinear l(2)-gain Bounds via Dynamic Programming. 2016 AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2016.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile