Professor Stephan Winter
- Disaster management, emergency response, evacuation
- Human orientation, wayfinding and navigation
- Intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and computational transportation science
- Mapping (crowd sourcing, volunteered geographic information)
- Mobile geosensor networks
- Smart Cities (smart transport, urban analytics)
- Spatial cognitive engineering, spatial cognition
- Spatial data mining and geographic information retrieval
Stephan Winter is Professor for Spatial Information Science in the Department of Infrastructure Engineeering at The University of Melbourne.
- Maiti S, Winter S, Kulik L. A conceptualization of vehicle platoons and platoon operations. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH PART C-EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 80.
- Majic I, Winter S, Tomko M. Finding equivalent keys in OpenStreetMap: Semantic similarity computation based on extensional definitions. Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on GeoAI: AI and Deep Learning for Geographic Knowledge Discovery, GeoAI 2017. 2017.
- Navidi Z, Das RD, Winter S. Geospatial Data Science Approaches for Transport Demand Modeling. . CRC Press. 2017.
- Wang Y, Winter S, Ronald N. How much is trust: The cost and benefit of ridesharing with friends. COMPUTERS ENVIRONMENT AND URBAN SYSTEMS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 65.
- Truelove M, Khoshelham K, McLean S, Winter S, Vasardani M. Identifying Witness Accounts from Social Media Using Imagery. ISPRS INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEO-INFORMATION. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 4.
- Winter S, Tomko M, Vasardani M, Richter K-F, Khoshelham K. Indoor localization and navigation independent of sensor based technologies. SIGSPATIAL Special. Association for Computing Machinery. 2017, Vol. 9, Issue 1.
- Zhao H, Winter S, Tomko M. Integrating Decentralized Indoor Evacuation with Information Depositories in the Field. ISPRS INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEO-INFORMATION. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 7.
- Kim J, Vasardani M, Winter S. Landmark Extraction from Web-Harvested Place Descriptions. KUNSTLICHE INTELLIGENZ. IOS Press. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 2.
- Ronald N, Navidi Z, Wang Y, Rigby M, Jain S, Kutadinata R, Thompson R, Winter S. Mobility Patterns in Shared, Autonomous, and Connected Urban Transport. DISRUPTING MOBILITY: IMPACTS OF SHARING ECONOMY AND INNOVATIVE TRANSPORTATION ON CITIES. Hindawi Publishing Corp. 2017. Editors: Meyer G, Shaheen S.
- LÖwen H, Schwering A, Krukar J, Winter S. Perspectives in externalizations of mental spatial representations. Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography. 2017.
- Zhou S, Winter S, Vasardani M, Zhou S. Place descriptions by landmarks. JOURNAL OF SPATIAL SCIENCE. Spatial Sciences Institute. 2017, Vol. 62, Issue 1.
- Jain S, Ronald N, Thompson R, Winter S. Predicting susceptibility to use demand responsive transport using demographic and trip characteristics of the population. TRAVEL BEHAVIOUR AND SOCIETY. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 6.
- Acharya D, Khoshelham K, Winter S. Real-time detection and tracking of pedestrians in CCTV images using a deep convolutional neural network. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen * Lehrstuhl Informatik V. 2017, Vol. 1913.
- Kim J, Vasardani M, Winter S. Similarity matching for integrating spatial information extracted from place descriptions. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SCIENCE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 1.
- Ronald N, Thompson R, Winter S. Simulating ad-hoc demand-responsive transportation: a comparison of three approaches. TRANSPORTATION PLANNING AND TECHNOLOGY. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2017, Vol. 40, Issue 3.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile