Professor Adrian Pearce
- Automated Planning & Scheduling
- Optimisation in multi-agent systems and supply chains
- Reasoning about Action and Epistemic Reasoning
Professor in School of Computing and Information Systems
Researcher and innovator in planning and scheduling. My research has improved the efficiency and robustness of a range of applications including production planning for mining, supply chain optimization, robotics, logistics, air traffic management and autonomous systems.
Contributed deeply in research on reasoning about actions within the field of artificial intelligence. In conjunction with an excellent group of colleagues in the AI and Autonomy and optimisation group, we have made fundamental breakthroughs in the ability to perform collaborative planning and scheduling.
Our research group tackles optimization problems, including more efficient and productive supply chain management for agile mine scheduling.
My specialities include: Supply chain optimization, automated planning and scheduling; reasoning about action and change; optimisation in multi-agent systems; knowledge representation and reasoning; and artificial intelligence.
- Blom M, Pearce A, Stuckey P. Short-term planning for open pit mines: a review. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MINING RECLAMATION AND ENVIRONMENT. Taylor & Francis. 2019, Vol. 33, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1080/17480930.2018.1448248
- MacNally A, Lipovetzky N, Ramirez M, Pearce A. Action Selection for Transparent Planning. International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems. IFAAMAS International Foundation for Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems. 2018, Vol. 2.
- Ramirez M, Papasimeon M, Lipovetzky N, Benke L, Miller T, Pearce A, Scala E, Zamani M. Integrated Hybrid Planning and Programmed Control for Real–Time UAV Maneuvering. 17th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and MultiAgent Systems (AAMAS). 2018, Vol. 2.
- Blom M, Shekh S, Gossink D, Miller T, Pearce A. Inventory routing for defense: Moving supplies in adversarial and partially observable environments. Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation. 2018. DOI: 10.1177/1548512918798056
- Blom M, Pearce A, Stuckey P. Multi-objective short-term production scheduling for open-pit mines: a hierarchical decomposition-based algorithm. ENGINEERING OPTIMIZATION. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2018, Vol. 50, Issue 12. DOI: 10.1080/0305215X.2018.1429601
- Miller T, Pearce A, Sonenberg E. Social Planning for Trusted Autonomy. Foundations of Trusted Autonomy. Hindawi Publishing Corp. 2018, Vol. 117. Editors: Abbass HA, Scholz J, Reid DJ. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-64816-3_4
- Ramirez Javega M, Papasimeon M, Benke L, Lipovetzky N, Miller T, Pearce A. Real-Time UAV Maneuvering via Automated Planning in Simulations. IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. 2017. Editors: Sierra C.
- Blom M, Pearce A, Stuckey P. Short-term scheduling of an open-pit mine with multiple objectives. ENGINEERING OPTIMIZATION. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2017, Vol. 49, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1080/0305215X.2016.1218002
- Miller T, Felli P, Muise C, Pearce A, Sonenberg E. 'Knowing Whether' in Proper Epistemic Knowledge Bases. 30th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI). AAAI Press. 2016.
- Blom M, Pearce A, Stuckey P. A Decomposition-Based Algorithm for the Scheduling of Open-Pit Networks over Multiple Time Periods. Management Science. INFORMS Applied Probability Society. 2016, Vol. 62, Issue 10. DOI: 10.1287/mnsc.2015.2284
- Muise C, Felli P, Miller T, Pearce A, Sonenberg E. Planning for a Single Agent in a Multi-Agent Environment Using FOND. 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI). AAAI Press. 2016, Vol. 2016-January. Editors: Kambhampati S.
- Davies T, Pearce A, Stuckey P, Lipovetzky N. Sequencing operator counts. 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence IJCAI-16. AAAI Press. 2016, Vol. 2016-January.
- De Giacomo G, Lesperance Y, Pearce A. Situation Calculus Game Structures and GDL. 22nd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI). IOS Press. 2016, Vol. 285. Editors: Kaminka GA, Fox M, Bouquet P, Hullermeier E, Dignum V, Dignum F, Vanharmelen F. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-672-9-408
- Sonenberg E, Miller T, Pearce A, Felli P, Muise CJ, Dignum F. Social planning for social HRI. 2nd Workshop on Cognitive Architectures for Social Human-Robot Interaction (CogArch4sHRI). arXiv.org. 2016, Vol. abs/1602.06483. Editors: Baxter P, Trafton G, Lemaignan S.
- Burt C, Lipovetzky N, Pearce A, Stuckey P. Approximate Uni-directional Benders Decomposition. AAAI-15 Workshop on Planning, Search, and Optimization (PlanSOpt-15). AAAI Press. 2015, Vol. WS-15-12.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile