Associate Professor Dongryeol Ryu
- Environmental Remote Sensing (Remote Sensing, Soil Moisture, Evapotranspiration)
- Flood Forecasting and Monitoring Flood Inundation (Flood, Flood Plain)
- Hydrological Sciences (Soil Moisture, Evapotranspiration, Water Accounting)
A/Prof Dongryeol Ryu the Graduate Research Coordinator of the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne. He leads the Melbourne Environmental Sensing and Modelling Lab (MESML) in the Department with a special interest in surface water hydrology and microwave remote sensing. A/Prof Ryu is currently working on developing microwave soil moisture retrieval algorithms and on investigating an innovative method of flood forecasting by using various satellite observations, which are funded by ARC. He is also a past recipient of a NASA Earth System Science Fellowship and the University of California, Irvine Medal Fellowship.
- Orangi A, Narsilio G, Ryu D. A Laboratory Study on Non-Invasive Soil Water Content Estimation Using Capacitive Based Sensors. SENSORS. Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2019, Vol. 19, Issue 3. DOI: 10.3390/s19030651
- Joseph N, Ryu D, Malano H, George B, Sudheer KP, Anshuman. Estimation of industrial water demand in India using census-based statistical data. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 149. DOI: 10.1016/j.resconrec.2019.05.036
- Orangi A, Narsilio G, Wang YH, Ryu D. Experimental investigation of dry density effects on dielectric properties of soil–water mixtures with different specific surface areas. Acta Geotechnica. Springer. 2019. DOI: 10.1007/s11440-019-00805-x
- Guo D, Lintern A, Webb J, Ryu D, Liu S, Bende-Michl U, Leahy P, Wilson P, Western A. Key Factors Affecting Temporal Variability in Stream Water Quality. WATER RESOURCES RESEARCH. American Geophysical Union. 2019, Vol. 55, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1029/2018WR023370
- Akuraju V, Ryu D, Western A, Young RI. Towards estimating root-zone soil moisture using surface multispectral and thermal sensing: A spectral and hydrometeorological dataset from the Dookie experiment site, Victoria, Australia. Hydrological Processes. John Wiley & Sons. 2019, Vol. 33, Issue 14. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.13459
- Guo D, Lintern A, Webb J, Ryu D, Liu S, Bende-Michl U, Leahy P, Waters D, Watson M, Wilson P, Western A. A web-based interface to visualize and model spatio-temporal variability of stream water quality. 9th Australian Stream Management Conference 2018. 2018. Editors: Vietz G, Rutherfurd I.
- Western A, Dassanayake K, Perera KC, Argent R, Alves O, Young G, Ryu D. An evaluation of a methodology for seasonal soil water forecasting for Australian dry land cropping systems. AGRICULTURAL AND FOREST METEOROLOGY. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 253. DOI: 10.1016/j.agrformet.2018.02.012
- Peischl S, Walker JP, Ryu D, Kerr YH. Analysis of Data Acquisition Time on Soil Moisture Retrieval From Multiangle L-Band Observations. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON GEOSCIENCE AND REMOTE SENSING. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 56, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1109/TGRS.2017.2757025
- Poblete T, Ortega-Farias S, Ryu D. Automatic Coregistration Algorithm to Remove Canopy Shaded Pixels in UAV-Borne Thermal Images to Improve the Estimation of Crop Water Stress Index of a Drip-Irrigated Cabernet Sauvignon Vineyard. SENSORS. Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 2. DOI: 10.3390/s18020397
- Liu S, Ryu D, Webb J, Lintern A, Waters D, Guo D, Western A. Characterisation of spatial variability in water quality in the Great Barrier Reef catchments using multivariate statistical analysis. MARINE POLLUTION BULLETIN. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 137. DOI: 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2018.10.019
- Gao Y, Walker JP, Ye N, Panciera R, Monerris Belda A, Ryu D, Rudiger C, Jackson TJ. Evaluation of the Tau-Omega Model for Passive Microwave Soil Moisture Retrieval Using SMAPEx Datasets. IEEE JOURNAL OF SELECTED TOPICS IN APPLIED EARTH OBSERVATIONS AND REMOTE SENSING. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 11, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/JSTARS.2018.2796546
- Guo D, Lintern A, Webb J, Ryu D, Liu S, Western A. Integrated modelling of spatio-temporal variability in stream water quality across victorian catchments. 2018 Hydrology and Water Resources Symposium, HWRS 2018: Water and Communities. 2018.
- Chou C, Ryu D, Lo M-H, Wey H-W, Malano H. Irrigation-Induced Land-Atmosphere Feedbacks and Their Impacts on Indian Summer Monsoon. JOURNAL OF CLIMATE. American Meteorological Society. 2018, Vol. 31, Issue 21. DOI: 10.1175/jcli-d-17-0762.1
- Lintern A, Webb J, Ryu D, Liu S, Bende-Michl U, Waters D, Leahy P, Wilson P, Western A. Key factors influencing differences in stream water quality across space. WILEY INTERDISCIPLINARY REVIEWS-WATER. 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1002/wat2.1260
- Kunnath-Poovakka A, Ryu D, Renzullo LJ, George B. Remotely sensed ET for streamflow modelling in catchments with contrasting flow characteristics: an attempt to improve efficiency. Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment. Springer. 2018, Vol. 32, Issue 7. DOI: 10.1007/s00477-018-1528-y
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile