Associate Professor Ying Tan
- Intelligent control systems and applications
- Nonlinear control systems and applications
Dr Ying Tan is an Associate Professor and Reader in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Ying Tan received her Bachelor’s degree from Tianjin University, China, in 1995, and her PhD from the National University of Singapore in 2002. She joined McMaster University in 2002 as a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Chemical Engineering. She joined the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department at the University of Melbourne in 2004.
Dr Ying Tan’s main areas of research are nonlinear systems, on-line optimization and intelligent control systems. She has published 110 papers in journals and conferences and has attracted more than 2 million Australian dollars in research funding. She currently is Associate Editor for Systems and Control Letters, Asian Journal of Control. She is the steering committee member for Asian Control Association and Co-Chairs for Asian Control Conference 2017.
She was awarded an Australian Postdoctoral Fellow (2006-2008) and a Future Fellow (2009-2013) by the Australian Research Council. She was the one of finalists for Best Student Paper Award, American Control Conference.
- Sebastian G, Tan Y, Oetomo D. A Unified Analysis Tool in Iterative Learning Control: Composite Energy Function. 2019 12th Asian Control Conference (ASCC). IEEE. 2019.
- Sebastian G, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Convergence analysis of feedback-based iterative learning control with input saturation. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 101. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2018.11.045
- Crocher V, Fong J, Klaic M, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Direct versus Indirect Visual Feedback: The Effect of Technology in Neurorehabilitation. 2019 9th International IEEE/EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering (NER). IEEE. 2019, Vol. 2019-March. DOI: 10.1109/NER.2019.8716925
- Yang Y, Tan Y, Tan Q, Chen X, Oetomo D. Extremum seeking control in the presence of actuator hysteresis. Chinese Control Conference, CCC. 2019, Vol. 2019-July. DOI: 10.23919/ChiCC.2019.8866360
- Premaratne U, Halgamuge S, Tan Y, Mareels I. Extremum Seeking Control with Sporadic Packet Transmission for Networked Control Systems. IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2019. DOI: 10.1109/TCNS.2019.2940244
- Sebastian G, Li Z, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Force Observer for an Upper Limb Rehabilitation Robotic Device using Iterative Learning Control. 2019 12th Asian Control Conference (ASCC). IEEE. 2019.
- Lee TC, Tan Y, Mareels I. Generalized switched systems with application to hybrid systems. 2019 18th European Control Conference (ECC). IEEE. 2019. DOI: 10.23919/ECC.2019.8796211
- Fong J, Crocher V, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Indirect Robotic Movement Shaping through Motor Cost Influence.. IEEE Int Conf Rehabil Robot. 2019, Vol. 2019. DOI: 10.1109/ICORR.2019.8779430
- Sebastian G, Li Z, Crocher V, Kremers D, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Interaction Force Estimation Using Extended State Observers: An Application to Impedance-Based Assistive and Rehabilitation Robotics. IEEE ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION LETTERS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2019, Vol. 4, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1109/LRA.2019.2894908
- Zhao G, Nesic D, Tan Y, Hua C. Overcoming overshoot performance limitations of linear systems with reset control. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 101. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2018.11.038
- Garcia-Rosas R, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Manzie C, Choong P. Personalized Online Adaptation of Kinematic Synergies for Human-Prosthesis Interfaces.. IEEE Trans Cybern. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2019. DOI: 10.1109/TCYB.2019.2920376
- Kremers D, Fong J, Crocher V, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Sensorless force estimator in rehabilitation robotics. Biosystems and Biorobotics. 2019, Vol. 21. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-01845-0_36
- Mu J, Grayden D, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Spatial Resolution of Visual Stimuli in SSVEP-based Brain-Computer Interface. 2019 9th International IEEE/EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering (NER). IEEE. 2019, Vol. 2019-March. DOI: 10.1109/NER.2019.8717155
- Eden J, Lau D, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Unilateral Manipulability Quality Indices: Generalized Manipulability Measures for Unilaterally Actuated Robots. Journal of Mechanical Design. Amercian Society of Mechanical Engineering. 2019, Vol. 141, Issue 9. DOI: 10.1115/1.4043932
- Eden J, Song C, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Lau D. CASPR-ROS: A Generalised Cable Robot Software in ROS for Hardware. CABLE-DRIVEN PARALLEL ROBOTS. Springer International Publishing. 2018, Vol. 53. Editors: Gosselin C, Cardou P, Bruckmann T, Pott A. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-61431-1_5
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile