Dr Rohan Shekhar
- Extremum Seeking Control
- Model Predictive Control (Robust MPC, Fault-tolerant MPC)
Rohan C. Shekhar received the B.E. degree (with honours) in Mechatronic Engineering from The University of Queensland in 2006. In 2008, he was awarded the Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Scholarship in Engineering and an Honorary Poynton Cambridge Australia Fellowship for undertaking doctoral studies at the University of Cambridge, receiving the Ph.D. degree in 2012. Since then, he has been working as a postdoctoral research fellow in Prof. Chris Manzie's dynamics and control team. From 2012-2015, his main research activity centred on automated alternative-fuel engine tuning using extremum-seeking control. During this time, he also pursued research in robust model predictive control, extending and furthering work from his doctoral thesis. Since mid-2015, he has been working on an industrial research project related to online calibration of model predictive controllers for diesel engines.
- Sankar GS, Shekhar R, Manzie C, Sano T, Nakada H. Fast Calibration of a Robust Model Predictive Controller for Diesel Engine Airpath. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. IEEE Control Systems Society. 2019. DOI: 10.1109/TCST.2019.2917686
- Gowri Sankar G, Shekhar R, Manzie C, Sano T, Nakada H. Model predictive controller with average emissions constraints for diesel airpath. Control Engineering Practice. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 90. DOI: 10.1016/j.conengprac.2019.06.021
- Broomhead T, Manzie C, Hield P, Shekhar R, Brear M. Economic Model Predictive Control and Applications for Diesel Generators. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONTROL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY. IEEE Control Systems Society. 2017, Vol. 25, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1109/TCST.2016.2574758
- Shekhar R, Gowri Sankar G, Manzie C, Nakada H. Efficient Calibration of Real-Time Model-Based Controllers for Diesel Engines - Part I: Approach and Drive Cycle Results. 2017 IEEE 56TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017.
- Gowri Sankar G, Shekhar R, Manzie C, Nakada H. Efficient Calibration of Real-Time Model-Based Controllers for Diesel Engines - Part II: Incorporating Practical Robustness Guarantees. 2017 IEEE 56TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017.
- Ramos M, Manzie C, Shekhar R. Online optimisation of fuel consumption subject to NOx constraints. 20th IFAC World Congress. IFAC - International Federation of Automatic Control. 2017, Vol. 50, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2017.08.1288
- Shames I, Summers TH, Farokhi F, Shekhar R. Conditions and strategies for uniqueness of the solutions to cooperative localization and mapping problems using rigidity theory. 2015 54TH IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2016-February. DOI: 10.1109/CDC.2015.7403183
- Shekhar R, Manzie C. Optimal move blocking strategies for model predictive control. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 61. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2015.07.030
- Shekhar R, Kearney M, Shames I. Robust Model Predictive Control of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Using Waysets. JOURNAL OF GUIDANCE CONTROL AND DYNAMICS. 2015, Vol. 38, Issue 10. DOI: 10.2514/1.G000787
- Broomhead T, Manzie C, Shekhar R, Hield P. Robust periodic economic MPC for linear systems. Automatica. Elsevier. 2015, Vol. 60. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2015.06.034
- Gowri Sankar G, Moase W, Shekhar R, Broomhead T, Manzie C. Towards systematic design of MPC to achieve time domain specifications. 2015 5th Australian Control Conference (AUCC). IEEE. 2015.
- Shekhar R, Kearney MP, Shames I, Manzie C. Trajectory planning and execution using robust funnels. 2015 5th Australian Control Conference (AUCC). IEEE. 2015.
- Shekhar R, Moase W, Manzie C. Discrete-time extremum-seeking for Wiener-Hammerstein plants. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 50, Issue 12. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2014.10.030
- Manzie C, Moase W, Shekhar R, Mohammadi A, Nesic D, Tan Y. Extremum Seeking Methods for Online Automotive Calibration. Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences. 2014, Vol. 455 LNCIS. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-05371-4_2
- Broomhead T, Manzie C, Shekhar R, Brear M, Hield P. Robust stable economic MPC with applications in engine control. 2014 IEEE 53rd Annual Conference on Decision and Control (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2014, Vol. 2015-February, Issue February. DOI: 10.1109/CDC.2014.7039772
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile