Dr Iman Shames
Iman Shames is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Melbourne. Previously, he had been a McKenzie Research Fellow at the department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, the University of Melbourne from 2013 to 2014. He was an ACCESS Postdoctoral Researcher at the ACCESS Linnaeus Centre, the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden from 2011 to 2012. He received his Ph.D. degree in engineering and computer science from the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia in 2011 and his B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from Shiraz University, Iran in 2006. He has been a visiting researcher at ETH in 2012, Chalmers Technical University in 2011, the Delft Technical University in 2011, TU Munchen in 2011, the KTH Royal Institute of Technology in 2010, the University of Tokyo in 2008, and at the University of Newcastle in 2010 and 2005. His current research interests include optimisation, complex systems, sensor networks, and security in networked systems.
- Deghat M, Ugrinovskii V, Shames I, Langbort C. Detection and mitigation of biasing attacks on distributed estimation networks. 55th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC). Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 99. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2018.10.052
- Ira AS, Shames I, Manzie C, Chin R, Nesic D, Nakada H, Sano T. A Machine Learning Approach for Tuning Model Predictive Controllers. 2018 15th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, ICARCV 2018. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/ICARCV.2018.8581227
- Fabbro M, Shames I, Cantoni M. Analysis of Model and Iteration Dependencies in Distributed Feasible-Point Algorithms for Optimal Control Computation. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONTROL OF NETWORK SYSTEMS. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1109/TCNS.2016.2590138
- Farokhi F, Shames I. Compressive Sensing in Fault Detection. Proceedings of the American Control Conference. American Automatic Control Council. 2018, Vol. 2018-June. DOI: 10.23919/ACC.2018.8431017
- Farokhi F, Shames I, Cantoni M. Optimal contract design for effort-averse sensors. International Journal of Control. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2018. DOI: 10.1080/00207179.2018.1486041
- Shames I, Farokhi F, Selvaratnam D. Security Analysis of Quantized Bayesian Estimators. 23rd International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems. 2018.
- Lang A, Shames I, Cantoni M. Structure in total least squares parameter estimation for electrical networks. IFAC-PapersOnLine. 2018, Vol. 51, Issue 23. DOI: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2018.12.072
- Schulze Darup M, Redder A, Shames I, Farokhi F, Quevedo D. Towards encrypted MPC for linear constrained systems. IEEE Control Systems Letters. 2018, Vol. 2, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1109/LCSYS.2017.2779473
- Guler S, Fidan B, Dasgupta S, Anderson BDO, Shames I. Adaptive Source Localization Based Station Keeping of Autonomous Vehicles. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATIC CONTROL. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 62, Issue 7. DOI: 10.1109/TAC.2016.2621764
- Selvaratnam D, Shames I, Dimarogonas DV, Manton J, Ristic B. Co-operative Estimation for Source Localisation using Binary Sensors. 2017 IEEE 56TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017.
- Ahmadizadeh S, Shames I, Martin S, Nesic D. On eigenvalues of Laplacian matrix for a class of directed signed graphs. LINEAR ALGEBRA AND ITS APPLICATIONS. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 523. DOI: 10.1016/j.laa.2017.02.029
- Ahmadizadeh S, Shames I, Martin S, Nesic D. On eigenvalues of Laplacian matrix for a class of directed signed graphs (vol 523, pg 281, 2017). LINEAR ALGEBRA AND ITS APPLICATIONS. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 530. DOI: 10.1016/j.laa.2017.06.023
- Bottegal G, Farokhi F, Shames I. Preserving privacy of finite impulse response systems. IEEE Control Systems Letters. 2017, Vol. 1, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1109/LCSYS.2017.2709621
- Farokhi F, Shames I, Johansson KH. Private and Secure Coordination of Match-Making for Heavy-Duty Vehicle Platooning. 20th World Congress of the International-Federation-of-Automatic-Control (IFAC). Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 50, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2017.08.1485
- Farokhi F, Shames I, Batterham N. Secure and private control using semi-homomorphic encryption. CONTROL ENGINEERING PRACTICE. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 67. DOI: 10.1016/j.conengprac.2017.07.004
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile