Dr Farhad Farokhi
Farhad Farokhi is a Research Scientist at the Information Security and Privacy Group at CSIRO's Data61 and a Research Fellow at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Melbourne. In 2014, he received his PhD degree in Automatic Control from KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden. During his PhD studies, he was a visiting researcher at the University of California at Berkeley and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Farhad has been the recipient of the VESKI Victoria Fellowship from the Victorian State Government as well as the McKenzie Fellow and the 2015 Early Career Researcher Award from the University of Melbourne. He was a finalist in the 2014 European Embedded Control Institute (EECI) PhD Award. He has been part of numerous projects on data privacy and cyber-security funded by the Defence Science and Technology Group, the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, the Department of Environment and Energy, and CSIRO in Australia. His research interests include security and privacy in cyber-physical systems, such as smart grids and intelligent transportation systems.
- Farokhi F. Development and Analysis of Deterministic Privacy-Preserving Policies Using Non-Stochastic Information Theory. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION FORENSICS AND SECURITY. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2019, Vol. 14, Issue 10. DOI: 10.1109/TIFS.2019.2903660
- Farokhi F, Sandberg H. Ensuring privacy with constrained additive noise by minimizing Fisher information. 56th IEEE Annual Conference on Decision and Control (CDC). Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 99. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2018.10.012
- Farokhi F. Feedback control using a strategic sensor. International Journal of Control. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2019. DOI: 10.1080/00207179.2019.1575983
- Farokhi F, Egerstedt M. Optimal stochastic evasive maneuvers using the Schrödinger's equation. IEEE Control Systems Letters. 2019, Vol. 3, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/LCSYS.2019.2912658
- Farokhi F, Esfahani PM. Security Versus Privacy. Conference on Decision and Control (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2019, Vol. 2018-December. DOI: 10.1109/CDC.2018.8619460
- Saberi A, Farokhi F, Nair G. State Estimation via Worst-Case Erasure and Symmetric Channels with Memory. 2019 IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON INFORMATION THEORY (ISIT). IEEE. 2019, Vol. 2019-July. DOI: 10.1109/ISIT.2019.8849743
- Farokhi F, Wu N, Smith D, Kaafar MA. The Value of Collaboration in Convex Machine Learning with Differential Privacy. 41st IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy. 2019.
- Farokhi F, Shames I. Bilateral Trade under Information Asymmetry and Quantized Measurements. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018.
- Farokhi F, Shames I. Compressive Sensing in Fault Detection. Proceedings of the American Control Conference. American Automatic Control Council. 2018, Vol. 2018-June. DOI: 10.23919/ACC.2018.8431017
- Saberi A, Farokhi F, Nair G. Estimation and Control over a Nonstochastic Binary Erasure Channel. IFAC-PapersOnLine. 2018, Vol. 51, Issue 23. DOI: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2018.12.046
- Farokhi F, Sandberg H. Fisher Information as a Measure of Privacy: Preserving Privacy of Households With Smart Meters Using Batteries. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SMART GRID. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018, Vol. 9, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2017.2667702
- Keimer A, Laurent-Brouty N, Farokhi F, Signargout H, Cvetkovic V, Bayen AM, Johansson KH. Information Patterns in the Modeling and Design of Mobility Management Services. PROCEEDINGS OF THE IEEE. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 106, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1109/JPROC.2018.2800001
- Murguia Rendon C, Shames I, Farokhi F, Nesic D. On Privacy of Quantized Sensor Measurements through Additive Noise. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018.
- Farokhi F, Shames I, Cantoni M. Optimal contract design for effort-averse sensors. International Journal of Control. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2018. DOI: 10.1080/00207179.2018.1486041
- Farokhi F, Sandberg H. Optimal privacy-preserving policy using constrained additive noise to minimize the fisher information. 2017 IEEE 56th Annual Conference on Decision and Control, CDC 2017. 2018, Vol. 2018-January. DOI: 10.1109/CDC.2017.8264050
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile